Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, that didn't work.
276122518_10227640277253978_4174364384960920192_n.jpg

True. But, another song, with the same tempo, is “Another One Bites The Dust”. :cool:
If one is involved with emergency services for very long one learns that a sense of black humor isn’t a bad thing to have. It’s a mental health thing…

One of the projects moving through the initial tests at work before finish work. I sell these, it's no wonder that I like the process of brewing.

Bonus points for anyone who can guess what it is!!

PSA.jpg

We had a pecker at my Grandpas that was fond of the metal lightpost (Upper Michigan)... he might have given the acorn a run for their money!!!
I never met either of my grandfathers. They passed on before I was born. I never regretted it much until now. I have no basis to speak of either one's pecker.

CO2 recovery?

fire extinguisher?

Getting close, it is used to replace CO2 for some applications. I am actually working with a large brewery to supplement their liquid CO2 for packaging. It is a gas N2 generator, Pressure Swing Adsorption (no it is not a good candidate for homebrew beergas due to cost). I sell more to wineries than breweries but I suspect breweries will become more interested with time and comfort.

I've laughed about some equipment at Coors before, it is not Coors. The large brewery in question goes through 300# of liquid CO2 in an hour!! (packaging line and pushing beer out of the brite tank).

It's no wonder why breweries are under scrutiny, if the green crowd realized how much CO2 is generated for/by the beverage industry..... It makes me feel as if water conservation is being done to help hide the elephant in the room

CO2 recovery is also too difficult with purity being the major issue. They must "treat" the CO2 from fermentation to remove hydrocarbons and sub-micron particulate matter, this requires compression and further treatment making the cost prohibitive.

One of my clients designed and built the "new" Coors brewery in Elkton, Virginia. I was surprised to see that the new brewery was designed to capture the CO2 from fermentation for reuse in carbonating the beer. That is when I realized what Mr. Vern noted: how much CO2 is emitted from brewing. Either the climate change crowd hasn't figured that out yet or they are willing to trade the CO2 for access to beer -- a necessary evil.

Latest posts

Back