Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nNMqzw9.gif

I think science would state that the gas can probably didn't have enough oxygen in it's headspace to allow explosive combustion. Therefore the likelyhood of a serious injury would be pretty small. Only after the gasoline exited the spout, and mixed with oxygen from the atmosphere, would it ignite.

I know this after trying to create a pop can bomb in my youth. After filling a pop can with gas, and lighting with some safety fuse a friend had, the pop can spectacularly did not much at all. Basically it had a very small flame at the mouth.

Firecrackers tied to the outside provided a much better result!

not too long ago i saw something to this effect on the road that made me do a double take, but it was a lady.

What's funny is he's wearing a rainbow shirt!!!!

poor-scooter.jpg

i the same day, i saw a college aged girl with a dog on a leash, the leash was tied to a wagon filled with natural light. Yes, i did a double take.... To bad it didn't stop to take a picture. It took a few seconds to realize what i just saw as i drove by. 8 minutes later i saw that above... ^^^^^

this is almost as good and its a white dood.

article-2013048-0cf11dae00000578-641_634x324.jpg

article-2013048-0cf11db600000578-871_634x324.jpg

i know my rights

I think science would state that the gas can probably didn't have enough oxygen in it's headspace to allow explosive combustion. Therefore the likelyhood of a serious injury would be pretty small. Only after the gasoline exited the spout, and mixed with oxygen from the atmosphere, would it ignite.

I know this after trying to create a pop can bomb in my youth. After filling a pop can with gas, and lighting with some safety fuse a friend had, the pop can spectacularly did not much at all. Basically it had a very small flame at the mouth.

Firecrackers tied to the outside provided a much better result!

Do kids today still blow shvt up or that another relic of a bygone era?

My son once spent a couple hours gutting party poppers. His thought was that if he scavenged enough of the popper caps, taped them together, and pulled enough of the strings at the same time it would start a chain reaction like a string of black cats on a chinese holiday.

Nope.

I couldn't bear his disappointment after he put in all that effort. So we set on on fire instead. Damn thing kept popping itself out.

My boys (7,9 & 11) have not tried blowing anything up yet to my knowledge. They do like fire and fireworks. Maybe they get their kicks on video games???

Gasoline should be placed in a glass jar in front of a fire and shot with a rifle from a good safe distance. I haven't taught my kids that one yet;)

My son once spent a couple hours gutting party poppers. His thought was that if he scavenged enough of the popper caps, taped them together, and pulled enough of the strings at the same time it would start a chain reaction like a string of black cats on a chinese holiday.

Nope.

I couldn't bear his disappointment after he put in all that effort. So we set on on fire instead. Damn thing kept popping itself out.

[emoji23]

When I was probably 10 or so, my best friend and I thought it would be a great idea to get as many boxes of "Snaps" (those little sperm shaped things you threw at people's feet) as we could get our hands on and empty all of the contents onto a piece of tissue paper and make one HUGE snap. It was brilliant, really. Well, after an hour or so of carefully emptying all the contact explosives out of the snaps, we had a very respectable pile, probably 6" wide and 3" tall. We were really getting a rhythm going, and were getting pretty quick at emptying the contents. Maybe a little too quick. One of us (him) dropped the little chips from a little too high and KABOOM! Up went the whole pile is spectacular fashion. It would've been pretty sweet to have had them all go off according to plan, but it was still awesome, and our ears were ringing for a few hours after that.

Only them most delinquent of kids do it these days. You know, the ones who can't afford a smartphone and who's parents don't care about them?

I always considered that stuff to be "experiments". We didn't have google to find things out. We didn't have Youtube to watch others do dumb things. We didn't have p0rnsites to fill our adolescent days and nights.

Maybe it was a golden era for blowing sht up!

[emoji23]

When I was probably 10 or so, my best friend and I thought it would be a great idea to get as many boxes of "Snaps" (those little sperm shaped things you threw at people's feet) as we could get our hands on and empty all of the contents onto a piece of tissue paper and make one HUGE snap. It was brilliant, really. Well, after an hour or so of carefully emptying all the contact explosives out of the snaps, we had a very respectable pile, probably 6" wide and 3" tall. We were really getting a rhythm going, and were getting pretty quick at emptying the contents. Maybe a little too quick. One of us (him) dropped the little chips from a little too high and KABOOM! Up went the whole pile is spectacular fashion. It would've been pretty sweet to have had them all go off according to plan, but it was still awesome, and our ears were ringing for a few hours after that.

One night during my misspent youth we were driving around, me in the passenger seat, tossing lit firecrackers out of the window at targets of opportunity. At one point, with the window rolled up to about an inch from the top, I tossed one out--and it came right back in on the slipstream, settling on the seat between my legs.

Well. In the annals of all history you have NEVER seen someone move faster than I did. I came up off that seat, scrabbling with my hands to get that firecracker on the floor.

I was able to accomplish that, and then it went off. Given that the windows were virtually all rolled up, it sounded like...well, I don't know what it sounded like. All I know is that our ears were ringing for about an hour after that.

I did learn a lesson from it, though: roll the window down further!

One night during my misspent youth we were driving around, me in the passenger seat, tossing lit firecrackers out of the window at targets of opportunity. At one point, with the window rolled up to about an inch from the top, I tossed one out--and it came right back in on the slipstream, settling on the seat between my legs.

Well. In the annals of all history you have NEVER seen someone move faster than I did. I came up off that seat, scrabbling with my hands to get that firecracker on the floor.

I was able to accomplish that, and then it went off. Given that the windows were virtually all rolled up, it sounded like...well, I don't know what it sounded like. All I know is that our ears were ringing for about an hour after that.

I did learn a lesson from it, though: roll the window down further!

I have fireworks stories!

A few years ago my mortar tubes were lost yet I still had a half box of mortars left. So me and my friends went about and played adult hide and seek while having a few around my apartment complex. If we found someone we through a mortar. BAD IDEA. But utterly cool to see them go off on the ground. Turned into throwing mortars around in the parking lot and a lot of unhappy neighbors..

I've done firecrackers inside also, nothing like shocking people by throwing a firecracker at them whilst they are walking up the stairs. Awww the good times.

for a few years after I got out of the Navy, a couple shipmates and I would travel back to Charleston on the 4th of July and for New Years to celebrate and take advantage of the lax gunpowder laws of the Palmetto State.

friend still living in Chucktown had a house on a small lake & would put us up for the week. we would grill and chill, then have the fireworks show finale

one year we had at least $500 worth of 2" mortars lined up and staged, hoses flaked and charged, held a safety lecture before, live band playing the National Anthem.

well, it seems not all of the shells fit all of the tubes, early in the show, one shell got stuck and cooked off inside, struck another tube which fell over and shot its LIT shell into a pile of them

all hell broke loose, scorching the lawn, we were afraid the house was going to torch. had to douse it all (BUCKETS OF SAND NEXT TIME!) with the exploding and the crying and the yelling and the running...

and took the next year off for a safety stand-down

Latest posts

Back