Random kegging questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claphamsa

Professional Jezter PWNZR
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If I have my stout jacked up to 20 psi... and disconnected it, how many beers could I poor before it would stop?

If I use the beer gun and fill bottles, and cap them... how long will they hold pressure for? (going on vacation :) ) What is wrong with just putting a bottle under the tap and filling it?

If I have my stout jacked up to 20 psi... and disconnected it, how many beers could I poor before it would stop?

Probably a gallon of pure foam. You'll definitely want to vent off the excess pressure or you'll waste an awful lot of beer. Disconnect the gas, vent, rehook up the gas and hit it with just enough to push the beer until the gas stops moving, then disconnect and serve.

If I use the beer gun and fill bottles, and cap them... how long will they hold pressure for? (going on vacation :) )

I've had bottles BMBFed for 6+ months; perfect carb and perfect flavor.

What is wrong with just putting a bottle under the tap and filling it?

Nothing, if you plan on consuming those bottles in a day or two. Otherwise, the beer will oxidize and taste like crap, not to mention potentially pick up infection from the tap.

Probably a gallon of pure foam. You'll definitely want to vent off the excess pressure or you'll waste an awful lot of beer. Disconnect the gas, vent, rehook up the gas and hit it with just enough to push the beer until the gas stops moving, then disconnect and serve.

I've had bottles BMBFed for 6+ months; perfect carb and perfect flavor.

Nothing, if you plan on consuming those bottles in a day or two. Otherwise, the beer will oxidize and taste like crap, not to mention potentially pick up infection from the tap.

thanks! so when i run real low on one of my kegs and wanna switch it... I can just bottle the last 4-5 bottls worth.....

Back