Random Beer Thoughts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I know drgarage is the only verified user on this site. As for me

EgCpPbA.gif
Oh so us 'users' need to be 'verified' now?

I'm calling the fbi on myself.

The deep state tells you that you live 6 minutes away from Lew. wHY DoYoU BeLiEF ThEm?.!,

Edit:sorry, drunk.

http://oakbrew.com/theme-from-the-bottom
If you have Theme Mango Cheesecake in your possession, please do not open it. Do not attempt to transport or ship it. Do not attempt to return it. And do not remove the cans from the plastic holders. Dispose of the product by following these steps: (i) Before disposing of any cans of Theme Mango Cheesecake, please put on protective gloves and a face shield (or goggles and a mask); (ii) Place all remaining Theme Mango Cheesecake cans in a closed box and place immediately in a secured garbage container or dumpster outside.

beer nerds disposing of the cans:

C9526B61-2AE3-4FF0-A0FB-486F12CBEF1D.gif

Last edited:
2020 was probably my best beer year ever: cases of Heady Topper (pre-pandemic distro), Citra, Russian River, Moonlight, SARA, and Alvarado.

And this year, I already have Heady Topper, Moonlight, Younger, and Monkish in the bag.

I cannot believe how convenient beer has gotten. I love it.

2020 was probably my best beer year ever: cases of Heady Topper (pre-pandemic distro), Citra, Russian River, Moonlight, SARA, and Alvarado.

And this year, I already have Heady Topper, Moonlight, Younger, and Monkish in the bag.

I cannot believe how convenient beer has gotten. I love it.

I can’t say that for me here in PA. There are a few PA breweries that will ship in state. Forest and Main doesn’t ship to my county anymore but I will place an order for pick-up every now and then. There are a couple of breweries out-of-state that will ship but I can’t get behind the $35 shipping fee. That’s like a whole case of beer itself.

I can’t say that for me here in PA. There are a few PA breweries that will ship in state. Forest and Main doesn’t ship to my county anymore but I will place an order for pick-up every now and then. There are a couple of breweries out-of-state that will ship but I can’t get behind the $35 shipping fee. That’s like a whole case of beer itself.

I guess it's different price points. The hazies near us run $5-$6 a can, and shipping is around $25, which is basically an extra buck a can.

Ironically, I balk at ordering Moonlight ($75 a case + $25 shipping), but didn't think twice about a case of Monkish which was around $135 before shipping. Something about the base price anchors us.

It is a damn shame that PA doesn't have more options. I think wine made it easier for beer shipping in-state in CA (GSO).

I guess it's different price points. The hazies near us run $5-$6 a can, and shipping is around $25, which is basically an extra buck a can.

Ironically, I balk at ordering Moonlight ($75 a case + $25 shipping), but didn't think twice about a case of Monkish which was around $135 before shipping. Something about the base price anchors us.

It is a damn shame that PA doesn't have more options. I think wine made it easier for beer shipping in-state in CA (GSO).

I haven’t kept many tabs on it but the only two that I do know that ship in the Philly area are Forest & Main and Tired Hands. It boggles my mind that some of the other ones don’t.

did a quick Google and came up with this so there are other options... but I can get just as good stuff going to a store

https://www.breweriesinpa.com/pennsylvania-beer-home-delivery-options/

Nice humble brag about Younger, lol. That being said I've lucked out on more Side Project releases this year than I've had bottles of side project in all the preceding years combined.

I was curious about the Athletic Brewery N/A beers but when I saw they cost as much as beer with alcohol I passed. If I want to go that root I would just drink root beer.
I grabbed the standard Athletic IPA in December, since I’ve seen a lot of love for their stuff. It’s just not for me. Very bready, not enjoyable, waste of $12.

I am a little intrigued by this flood of NA beers. Will I try any...
View attachment 10591
My wife has gone all-in so I've tried a few. Wellbeing makes an IPA that is not too far off from the real thing. Unititled Art makes a tasty version of a juicy IPA, too. For both of these, though, there's no price break for not including alcohol. Both options are as expensive as any usual craft offering. I know she's tried some of the Athletic options but I thought they were all pretty watery. It's not new but the dry-hopped Clausthaler is spot-on (and it's priced a little cheaper than actual beer).

Brewdog's options are not good. I thought they were all sweet and had a slight chemical taste to them. Lagunitas makes an NA IPA (IPNA) that is enjoyable enough. Their Hop Water is very good but more like a hop-flavored seltzer than beer.

My wife has gone all-in so I've tried a few. Wellbeing makes an IPA that is not too far off from the real thing. Unititled Art makes a tasty version of a juicy IPA, too. For both of these, though, there's no price break for not including alcohol. Both options are as expensive as any usual craft offering. I know she's tried some of the Athletic options but I thought they were all pretty watery. It's not new but the dry-hopped Clausthaler is spot-on (and it's priced a little cheaper than actual beer).

Brewdog's options are not good. I thought they were all sweet and had a slight chemical taste to them. Lagunitas makes an NA IPA (IPNA) that is enjoyable enough. Their Hop Water is very good but more like a hop-flavored seltzer than beer.

The hop water is liquid crack, love it.

I happened upon some six packs at the grocery store yesterday and I bought one because I am a big Anchor Steam guy but haven’t had it in a while because it’s been hard to get Anchor beers where I am that aren’t months old. Bottle date of Jan 04 2021 for the bottles I got. The new packaging is **** and I don’t get it but whatever.

I happened upon some six packs at the grocery store yesterday and I bought one because I am a big Anchor Steam guy but haven’t had it in a while because it’s been hard to get Anchor beers where I am that aren’t months old. Bottle date of Jan 04 2021 for the bottles I got. The new packaging is **** and I don’t get it but whatever.

are they bottles or cans? I just assumed cans given the box size

Not sure why there would be a price break when making a beer NA is actually a more laborious process that uses the same base ingredients.

Not sure why there would be a price break when making a beer NA is actually a more laborious process that uses the same base ingredients.
As I didn't bother to do any research on my own about the process, your point is well taken. It's just one of those things that seems like it should be the case even if there's no good reason for it to be the case.

As I didn't bother to do any research on my own about the process, your point is well taken. It's just one of those things that seems like it should be the case even if there's no good reason for it to be the case.
Yeah, it's kinda wild. You basically just take the same beer and run a dealcoholization process that removes the alcohol. That's why they are almost never 0.0% ABV. It can also make a beer taste weird cause it often times involves added heat which isn't helpful to a hopped end product.

Back