Ran out of Amarillo for final dryhop - suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbeh

Reaction score
Im making my first NEIPA and following a recipe that called for Citra/Galaxy/Mosaic.

I could only get my hands on Mosaic/Amarillo/Idaho 7. Currently I’m on Day 7 of Fermentation all in Primary of a 10 day target schedule. First dryhop was on day 3 when fermentation was almost finished (7 day addition).

It’s pretty close to equal parts but the Amarillo has an extra 1.5oz total and I didn’t account for this.

My final dryhop schedule is for 3 days:
1oz Mosaic
1.5oz Amarillo
1oz Idaho 7

So my question is, do I delay they schedule by 1 day and get some Amarillo tomorrow? If I do, do I only do a 2 day dry hop? Or do I do a 3 day meaning my 7 day dry hop turns into 8 days?

The other option is to use 2.5oz of Mosaic and follow the normal schedule. I have extra Mosaic/Idaho/Cascade so could even sub one of them instead.

It’s already somewhat experimental since I didn’t have the original hops and replacing Citra and Galaxy are not really possible but still want to give it its best shot.

Thanks for the input/help!

But why are you making a NEIPA?

*ducks*

#grumpyoldman #ipasarebitter #clearbeer
:) I like it all, IPAs are fun because you can hide behind the hops!

Thanks everyone, going to add .75oz of mosaic and Idaho in place of it.

Back