Raleigh Area Group Grain Buy-Round 4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so I went through this thread and took notes of who could come and who couldn't, and who didn't respond. This is gonna be long, so sorry and bear with me.

Who IS coming:
barc (picking up for Reel if he can't make it)
fatguy (picking up for folts)
skee (picking up for stim, fbgillam, longdvsn through kirbster, mtbrider)
Walker
Chad
Hannable
joeybeer (MIL)
Seether (maybe) walker to pickup, unless you want me to get yours
Brewbear (does this mean skip is coming or you're getting his 15 bags? I hope so)
ezzie
marc (maybe) hannable to pickup if not

Who hasn't responded:
Moterbiker (2 bags)
NCBeernut (2 bags)
Moby (.75 bags)
Skip (15 bags, see above with BrewBear)

Please let me know if any of this is incorrect. Remember to work out splits with your partners. (For my fellow splitters, I'm bringing buckets.) Guys that haven't responded, please do. I know we have a few days, and if you're not sure it's fine to say that, I just am trying to figure out how many bags I have to bring home. I'm planning on brewing Saturday when I get home too so if you're not there by 10, your grain will be at my house. That is all. (I think?)

For those of you that need to pickup at my place, PM me for my address.

Ok, so I went through this thread and took notes of who could come and who couldn't, and who didn't respond. This is gonna be long, so sorry and bear with me.

Who IS coming:
Walker
Chad
Hannable
joeybeer (MIL)
Brewbear (does this mean skip is coming or you're getting his 15 bags? I hope so)
ezzie

Who hasn't responded:
Moterbiker (2 bags)
NCBeernut (2 bags)
Moby (.75 bags)

Please let me know if any of this is incorrect. Remember to work out splits with your partners. (For my fellow splitters, I'm bringing buckets.) Guys that haven't responded, please do. I know we have a few days, and if you're not sure it's fine to say that, I just am trying to figure out how many bags I have to bring home. I'm planning on brewing Saturday when I get home too so if you're not there by 10, your grain will be at my house. That is all. (I think?)

Thanks for reminding me. Barc said he would pick mine up.

I had offered (via PM) to pick up Stimulus' grain *and* deliver it down to him. He's got 7.5 sacks, so I was going to bring the minivan and grab it all.

But, I never got a solid "yes" or "no" from him on if he wanted me to do it.

skee, don't you live in cary? That's mighty close to me, so I may be better off just picking up from your place. 'Course, then I'd miss hanging out at the brewery with you asshats.

No, I live near brier creek between hwy 70 and tw alexander. Technically in Morrisville actually.

Skee, I looked up Brier Creek and it is considerably closer to me than the brewery (140 miles closer on the round trip). Now, I'll still drive the to the brewery and be there on time if someone tells me I have to but if you don't mind bringing that sack to Brier Creek I won't mind coming to your place to get it :). This would get Walker out of it and you into it.

I DO plan to get my grain this weekend one way or the other as I already feel like a loser getting people on the internet who I've yet to meet to do my legwork for me. I want to create the least trouble for all of us, including myself who would rather not burn the fuel getting to Durham if I don't have to. Like a dummy I realized, after I jumped in, that the gas to get to Durham and back eats up the savings the group buy afforded me over buying the same thing at the LHBS.

A big thanks to skee, Reel and Walker for their efforts and their willingness to help a fellow brewer get his grain. I'd love to meet you guys at the brewery but Saturday morning is about the worst time for me to try and drive 4 hours round trip.

Skee, I looked up Brier Creek and it is considerably closer to me than the brewery (140 miles closer on the round trip).

That doesn't make sense. The brewery is only like 15 miles from Skee's house... there abouts.

So, round trip, the biggest difference it could make would be 30 miles.

That doesn't make sense. The brewery is only like 15 miles from Skee's house... there abouts.

So, round trip, the biggest difference it could make would be 30 miles.

Brier Creek is an area of Raleigh near the airport. Google thinks otherwise. If you look up Brier Creek, NC, it shows you an area of Charlotte.

I don't mind. I'll PM you my address and you can just come pick up sometime after 11:00am on Saturday. One more bag in the back of the truck isn't gonna hurt. It's not my truck anyway!

Brier Creek is an area of Raleigh near the airport. Google thinks otherwise. If you look up Brier Creek, NC, it shows you an area of Charlotte.

Oh, is that what he's seeing? Maybe, I should start saying RDU or RTP. I'm close to those too.

Yeah, but I'm nowhere near downtown Morrisville, so I don't want to give the wrong impression. I live on page rd between 70 and TW alex, that is nowhere near Morrisville! I miss Durham.

Yeah, but I'm nowhere near downtown Morrisville, so I don't want to give the wrong impression.

so, in order to not give a false impression, you use "Brier Creek" which isn't even a city and is ambiguous with like 4 other locations in North Carolina.

Well played, ******... well played.

LOL, wow. Glad that got aired out. The Brier Creek Google Maps was returning for me would be more or less in the center of the triangle created by the cities of Asheboro, Lexington and Denton.

I'm sticking with my original plan of getting my sack from Walker. :)

LOL, wow. Glad that got aired out. The Brier Creek Google Maps was returning for me would be more or less in the center of the triangle created by the cities of Asheboro, Lexington and Denton.

I'm sticking with my original plan of getting my sack from Walker. :)

You wouldn't be the first guy.

Who IS coming:
Walker
Chad
Hannable
joeybeer (MIL)
ezzie

Who hasn't responded:
Moterbiker (2 bags)
NCBeernut (2 bags)
Moby (.75 bags)

I'll be there....sorry for the delayed response.

Moby

No worries. I figured you were coming, but you hadn't specifically stated so. And now there will be 4 of us...

That Briar Creek thing threw me off too. Just say "Briar Creek Shopping Center" next time. That brings the ambiguity down considerable. Mention hwy 70 and you're golden.

I'll be there on Saturday. I have a 24 hour EMS shift later on in the day so it looks like no drinking for me though : (

For official record keeping of this pick-up of grain.

In addition to my own grain, I am picking up for
- longdvsn : I will hold it for a day and then kirbster takes it before it gets to longdvsn's hands
- Stimulus : I am going to deliver it to Dallas' house Saturday and Stimulus will pick it up there on Sunday
- TheSeether : Unless he changes his mind and shows up himself

I don't think I volunteered to pick up for anyone else. If I did and I didn't just list it, ping me and help me remember.

Oh... Skee: I got a PM from BrewBear00 yesterday that said:
I'm making sure everyone on my side gets their grain picked up Saturday. There are some issues but we'll get them worked out. Thanks again.

Grains have been delivered. I'm gonna try and swing by tonight and see if everything looks right.

Just out of curiousity (and this is not a definite invitation, just gauging interest) but would anyone be able to come Friday instead of Saturday? Especially those that can't make it Saturday? I know Barc said Saturday would work better for him so I'm not planning on changing, but seeing if there's interest for people to come by Friday evening.

I would be down Friday to have a pint, but I didn't get any grains so that's probably irrelevant.

gotta be the Saturday for me. sorry :(

Though I wish I could do Friday - I want to shake NCbeernut's hand for the Deception Cream recipe - Damn! THAT is a good beer right there.

I can help out with holding a sac or two for someone in Raleigh. I'm limited on one or two because I have a smaller car and I need to make it out of Durham without a busted oil pan.

Ok, so I stopped by the brewery to see if the order looked correct and holy $#!+ is that a lot of grain!!! It should be correct and there were no casualties so everything looks good. Remember that HB to share is encouraged by the brewers. I am splitting the order tomorrow evening so everything 'should' be ready to go Saturday morning.

I have also heard back from everyone on whether or not they will be there (or at least someone on their behalf) so we should be all set there. Again, if I'm picking up your grain please PM me for my address and when you want to come by.

IF YOU ARE SPLITTING BAGS PLEASE WORK OUT SPLITS WITH YOUR PARTNERS

See you Saturday.

Woot! So, is pickup from 9-10 am and thats it? Seems like a narrow window.

Well I want to brew saturday and the brewers are coming in just to let us get our grain so I don't think they really want to be at work all day on one of their days off. I understand that not everyone can get there in this window, but this was what worked best for the brewery and I would like to keep them happy so that we may be able to do this again down the road.

Back