Raleigh Area Group Grain Buy-Round 4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK GRABASSholes - you have 50 minutes to prepare to meet The Hillbilly Philosopher - some of you with weaker constitutions may want to take a drink for courage...

In other words, I'm on my way .. LOL

Didn't I post that I had people helping me. And then that I was gonna do it on friday. Please keep up.

musta missed it. i won't make the mistake again.

It's always Bo-Time!!

Yeah, anyway, wish I could have met up with you guys but I had some last minute obligations crop up so a BIG thanks to Walker for kindly holding my sack ever so gently until my friend comes. (yes, that was return fire from earlier in this thread)

It's always Bo-Time!!

Yeah, anyway, wish I could have met up with you guys but I had some last minute obligations crop up so a BIG thanks to Walker for kindly holding my sack ever so gently until my friend comes. (yes, that was return fire from earlier in this thread)

That's pretty ballsy. Seriously - that post is nuts. Took cajones to put it out there like that.

My mother in law just called.. She said the good news is y'all were a good bunch of guys (she's easily impressed), and the grain made it home safe - the bad news is I was probably going to be called mamma's boy from here on out ...

Thanks for everyone that showed up. Frank and Mike, I have your grain. Walker has a couple peoples and Fatguy has foltsters. See ya' next time.

As always, a huge thanks to http://www.fullsteam.ag/ for letting us use there brewery again for pickup!

HP: you were gone before I got there, but I wanted to tell you that the beer you brought was excellent.

Thanks mozart! Nothing special about that beer, just cleaning up some grains I had in storage.

So today was a day of firsts -

First big grain buy for me

Bought a grain mill

and

Tried out my new triple tear I built this week...

Brewed another round of my Brown Sugar Brown Ale, and since I had some grain laying around ( lol ) decided to mill up some more for a lite brown party gyle .....

Here, for the first time seen outside my shop, is my new brew rig:

IMG00453-20110305-1640.jpg

Walker, thanks again for putting this together, I'm sure it's a hassle- but the prices are great .. I'll buy you a Fullsteam beer next time I'm in town !

Yep, big thanks to Walker, Skeeordye and Reelale for putting this together. I'm amazed at how smoothly it went -- from organizing to ordering to pickup, everything went like clockwork. Good job guys.

All in all, this went pretty smoothly.

Thanks everybody!

I would have to agree. At least on my end. I was a little nervous about not enough people being able to show up on a Saturday morning, but all that grain disappeared in just over an hour so I can't complain. Thanks for making it easy on me guys. See you next time.

Oh, by the way. I have the malt analysis sheets NCM e-mailed me. If anyone is interested, I'll post them on the share site. Me, I don't bother.

When's the next group buy? I'd be down for a bag or two of 2-row

That's a good question. Typically in the past we have gone by when a bunch of people start asking. I'm still pretty good on grain at the moment, but there's always a couple things I could use. I have a lot to brew for the end of the summer, so maybe in a month or so I'll have figured out my recipes and how much grain I'm gonna need. It also depends on when the guy with the account wants to deal with it again. I'd recommend subscribing to this thread to see when the next one will take off.

I unfortunately didn't get as much grain as I wanted to due to low $$ flow at that time.
So I'm patiently waiting for next round. However I have made some pretty good rye beers since then. When is the next GRABASS session?

Latest posts

Back