Radler with raspberries and lemonade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddicker60

Reaction score
My niece is turning one and my brother and sister in law want this type of beer bottled as a gift. My plan is to make a hefe and then put some raspberries in after primary. Then add some lemonade. I just need help on the grains and procedures for making a beer like this. Any help would be great.

Stay away from a hefe ...you want a clean light crisp ale to mix with to make a radler ...cream ale with Kolsch yeast is a winner

Let's say I make the cream ale 5%. I was going to add organic raspberries to primary. How and when do I add the lemonade? Would adding lemon zest as well work?

Radler is usually a mix of lemon-lime soda and a light lager (Helles, or Pilsner). A light-colored, light-bodied ale would probably work too. Bottling may prove difficult unless you are pasteurizing, or filtering and pressure filling your bottles. In Germany you can buy bottled versions (Moenshoff, and some other brands) however, it is usually made on the spot when ordered at a restaurant.

In my opinion, yes. But they are definitely very similar in concept. All Shandy I have had, have had fruit infusions in the brewing process and or are mixed with fruit juice (lemonade), Radler to me is more like a soda.

Back