Racism in a bottle! OMG!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, I'm thinking Chill is not targeting the hispanic community but the anglo's that head down to Mexico for vacation and slam a bunch of chelada's that want to feel like they're back on vacation. I live in a 25% hispanic community and rarely do I see chelada's on any menu. Or I'm not noticing them...

Tequiza is still sold? You sure that's not the same 6 pack in the cooler from 1998 :)?

xena-.jpg

Xena wanna-bes...

Why isn't cheese here taking this to the next level?

Chimone said:
The Hoff approves of this thread

hasselhoff%20is%20god.gif

Now that might be condisered racisim if you would have implied that all Germans love Hasselhoff just b/c he had some sucess among the 14-16 yr old female population ;)

Kai

As long as Orpheus doesn't get in the mix. We don't want to cross that line. :eek:

A few things,
1. Lesbos rock (as long as they're hot)
2. Michael Knight continually emerging from his own crotch is probably going to give me nightmares for quite awhile.
3. It's not as if miller is saying we're only selling this beer in the barrios of L.A. and only selling it in 40oz's. They're selling a product that appeals to a certain population, companies do it all the time, it's just smart business

As you can see by all the posts racism has become widely institutionalized and tolerated. In some situations it's called marketing, in others it's profiling, and others still it’s just plain racism. Why is it Ok for conglomerates to target consumers based on ethnic stereotypes but law enforcement, think TSA, is chastised for the same behavior. I guess you have all bought into the theory that if it generates profit then it’s Ok. That’s the same insidious steel frame of an excuse that keeps the South American drug lords in power, the same justification that keeps the Soprano family together. As the liberals slowly tighten their chokehold on 'Merica I see these self-evident truths eroding. I, like Steven Colbert, don't see color or race. Why should anyone else be allowed to practice racism unless the whole of society can?

I for one am offended that Latinos are not offended by this marketing campaign. But then again it will probably fail and the financial loss will be punishment enough for those racist bastards at Miller. Their beer sucks anyway. Leinkenkugels is good though.

I believe it all begins with the beer. George Washington used it to influence the electorate in the first election. Without it who knows who would be on the dollar. But if Miller sticks its neck out too far testing the bounds of advertising decency then the entire industry, including homebrewers, will be branded as racist. Jimmy Carter gave us the license to brew again. I ‘m just afraid President Hillary/Obama/Whomever will take it away.

I’m just trying to save lives here, that’s all

Now, back to those lesbian posts.

ooooooooooooooohhhhh noooooooooooooooo!!!

Chill!

But if you want a serious answer to your questions, please go to http://www.volconvo.com. Start a thread in the Society and Rights category. I'll find you.

It is not racism. Get over it. I am not reading this thread anymore. me gone where the smart people are at before I getted banned. You did not even answer my question.

EDIT : Where are the smart people? They gone? Where? One and one half badgers please, your mother has no bottom and your dog has no giblets.

Scorching Sugar said:
As you can see by all the posts racism has become widely institutionalized and tolerated. In some situations it's called marketing, in others it's profiling, and others still it’s just plain racism. Why is it Ok for conglomerates to target consumers based on ethnic stereotypes but law enforcement, think TSA, is chastised for the same behavior. I guess you have all bought into the theory that if it generates profit then it’s Ok. That’s the same insidious steel frame of an excuse that keeps the South American drug lords in power, the same justification that keeps the Soprano family together. As the liberals slowly tighten their chokehold on 'Merica I see these self-evident truths eroding. I, like Steven Colbert, don't see color or race. Why should anyone else be allowed to practice racism unless the whole of society can?

I for one am offended that Latinos are not offended by this marketing campaign. But then again it will probably fail and the financial loss will be punishment enough for those racist bastards at Miller. Their beer sucks anyway. Leinkenkugels is good though.

I believe it all begins with the beer. George Washington used it to influence the electorate in the first election. Without it who knows who would be on the dollar. But if Miller sticks its neck out too far testing the bounds of advertising decency then the entire industry, including homebrewers, will be branded as racist. Jimmy Carter gave us the license to brew again. I ‘m just afraid President Hillary/Obama/Whomever will take it away.

I’m just trying to save lives here, that’s all

Now, back to those lesbian posts.

I guess you don't take hints... back to the countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back