Brewing a Mr Beer clone :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lego_and_beer_fan

Reaction score
I got started in brewing about 6 months ago with a Mr Beer kit, grew to 3 LBKs and read these forums, and have moved up to the standard 5 gallon homebrew set up. I've tried about 14 batches of beer of different styles between the two. The best result (as in "Wow! that's good! and not with any crappy weird flavors" from everyone who tried it) i've gotten is from a modification of the Mr Beer Aztec cervaza. Now I'd like to find a 5-gal recipe kit that would be similar but without having a can of HME.

The only reviews i found on Aztec said it sucked so I added 1lb of light DME (wheat worked well too) and added the zest of 3 limes at flame out. The results have been a lot like Corona with Lime, or Chill, but tasting better.

This seemed to be an option but also has a can of hopped extract. http://www.midwestsupplies.com/mexican-style-cerveza-20-minute-boil-kit.html

any suggestions what kit i might want to try?

Back