R.I.P. Paul Bearer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
So, at the ripe old age of 58 another wrestling icon has passed. Not from drugs or blows to the head, but apparently a blood clot.

I'm usually pretty annoyed when people have big reactions to sports figures or entertainers that they have never met... but I'm actually quite saddened. Not only was he one of the top five most entertaining managers in the business, but all accounts have him pegged as a normal guy, a good father, and kind and patient with his fans.

RIP William Moody, aka Percival Pringle, aka Paul Bearer

You will be missed at La Casa de Creamy

Ohhh yeeeesssss

:(

Damn, I thought you were talking about the singer for Sheer Terror.

28556619.jpg

This topic also reminds me that my alma mater, Sacred Heart University, gave Vince McMahon an honorary degree in 2007 and let him give the commencement speech that year.

It's amazing what money can buy you.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a shame.

I preferred Mean Gene, but to each his own.

I knew Bill Moody personally, many years ago when he was just getting started as Paul Bearer. He was a hell of a nice guy, very smart, and a good friend of mine. We were both embalmer/funeral directors in those days in Mobile, Alabama. Sad to see him go at such a young age.

That's a shame.

I preferred Mean Gene, but to each his own.

Mean Gene is still with us actually. Looks almost exactly the same, ha!

I've actually been following Diamond Dallas Page and the fact that he developed a yoga program, and has since had Jake the Snake Roberts and Scott Hall living at his house, getting clean and doing the program. He just might be a bona fide good guy.

Mean Gene is still with us actually. Looks almost exactly the same, ha!

I've actually been following Diamond Dallas Page and the fact that he developed a yoga program, and has since had Jake the Snake Roberts and Scott Hall living at his house, getting clean and doing the program. He just might be a bona fide good guy.

Oh I know it. He opened a chain if restaurants that I have yet to eat at.

I don't think the Undertaker will continue his WrestleMania winning streak because of the loss of Mr. Bearer. :(

What is he? 20-0 at WrestleMania? That's right up there with the Lakers 33; DiMaggio's 56; Ripken's 2,632; Favre's 297; Byron Nelson's 11; UCLA's 88, etc...

I'd be shocked if they dont do SOMETHING in Bearer's name at the next Wrestlemania. In a lot of his shoot interviews Moody brought up the fact that he was only a victim of "ribs" or practical jokes BY the Undertaker. If anyone else tried to pull a rib, malicious or otherwise, they'd be staring down the barrel of Taker. Obviously a lot of love there.

I honestly do hope they dont try to work Bearer's death into the show. That would be the kind of classless thing youd expect from Vince Russo.

I honestly do hope they dont try to work Bearer's death into the show. That would be the kind of classless thing youd expect from Vince Russo.

They already did on Monday Night RAW last week. :eek:

http://www.wwe.com/videos/cm-punk-i...ute-to-paul-bearer-raw-march-11-2013-26097992

EDIT: 14 of the 51 performers from Wrestlemania VII are dead...not a good profession to be in...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/post/...from-wrestlemania-vii-have-died?urn=top,wp132

(Actually, I'm guessing Paul Bearer makes it at least 15; that story is a couple years old).

Back