Quitting Smoking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you are wired differently than I am. I would never have made it this long without an absolute resolve to quit. I am sure 1 or 2 and it would be like I had never quit. (At least that is how it was before).

That's exactly my problem. I have no real resolve to quit. I'm perfectly happy if I can do two things: 1) Avoid smoking on most work evenings and 2) Not smoke at work. #2 was easy to execute. #1 is a little harder, but isn't that bad unless I get significantly druck. (Easy to do when drinking daily.) It's SWMBO'S resolve that means I have to quit. ._.

And it is just like you said. If I have 1, I'm going to want 3 more that evening. SWMBO likes going out to the bars now, we never used to when I smoked, we just stayed at home all the time. So now I have to go be social (don't like doing that), have fun while still staying sober enough to drive us home even if everyone else is getting trashed (hate doing that) AND not smoke, to boot. (While all her work friends chain smoke, and ultimately leave me and her and our roommate sitting inside the bar, waiting for them to return.

About the only reason I want to quit smoking is so that I can become a BJCP judge (an accurate one). But even then... I'm overwhelmed keeping up with my brewing schedule, why do I want to keep piling things on? anywho. I'm not about "planning for the future" or anything. I hope to die fairly young, before retirement. In the meantime, I just want to enjoy the party. And friggin' smoke a cigarette, and get tanked. >_>

just think of the size of conical fermenter you could buy saving that kind of $ thats what I would do, start a saving jar and put the $4 a day into it and have a nice fermenter in a couple of months ;)

i'm quit 2 years. It was brutal at first. Really had to re-learn drinking. Try reading Quit Smoking Online dot com. I did the chantix which helped but I just read the 7 pages/ lessons on the Quit Smoking Online course. It's a totally different way at looking at the habit. I would have folded the 3rd week without reading this. It can't hurt.

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated and it's free anyway.

Best of Luck,
Rich

Back