Quick... you are stuck in a hotel room without a bottle opener...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would just use the bottle opener on my key ring...the one on the right.

2475052305_8dbd064369.jpg

How about when you're at a remote resort in the mountains, have a bottle opener, and it's a belgian beer, and you pull off the cap only to find a cork inside?! :D Yes, it's happened to me. I spent an hour prying cork out with my leatherman. Niiiiice!

If SWMBO is with you...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hao-HgIbP1s]YouTube - Boob Bottle Opener[/ame]

If you have man boobs...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUa7xHbILrA]YouTube - Booby Bottle Opener[/ame]

Me, I always carrry an opener on my keychain.

I was in this exact situation just last week. Zymurgrafi's suggestion was dead on. The bathroom door jam striker plate was a nice heavy gauge stainless steel, with an exposed curved corner on one end. I just held the bottle in my left hand with the cap against the plate and smacked my left hand with my right. TaDa! I enjoyed a nice Sierra Nevada Harvest Ale and a Lagunitas IPA. No chipped bottle and no questions from Avis.

The bottle opener mounted to the bathroom counter. I haven't found a hotel/motel that doesn't provide an opener in each bathroom.
Says the man who loves Motel8 :D

Lighter is the proper answer to the OP.

not at a hotel, but in a field...I had a pair of jumper cables in my trunk, the teeth on those things give you a solid grip on the bottle cap, and takes little effort as there is plenty of lever capability.

I can open a bottle with my teeth. :D

i have a chipped tooth from that. nice chip missing. can still feel it 11 years later.
:cross:

also have opener on key ring. one built into belt buckle.

have pulled cork by putting a screw into it and pulling with pliers on swiss army knife. also, you can shove some of them right into bottle (where it will stay)

Stab your friend in the eye socket with your delicious hombrew and pop the top

Back