Quick Water Question for tomorrow's brewday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dammBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am trying to use the Bru n Water sheet for calculations. I have done this before and understand it pretty much. However, I have been doing BIAB batches for the last several. The one tomorrow is going to be too big for me to do that; so I need to go back to my 10 gallon igloo and pot combo.

No problem so far. I have my calculations complete on the sheet with 85/15 RO to tap setup as I want it. Question is, since I will be batch sparging in 3 steps after mash; how best do I calculate the 85/15 split? Do I do 85/15 split in the mash water (treated) and again in the sparge water (treated)? Or just do 100% RO treated for mash and then do 85/15 treated for sparge?

Am I overthinking this?

Thanks brothers and sisters in advance....

:mug:

I would do a little digging on HBT, but I looked up a similar question before and I *think* the consensus was that you want your split for the mash as that is when it is more important. The sparge can then be done with all RO

Latest posts

Back