Quick small beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petree3

Reaction score
I'm out of homebrew to drink so I brewed what I would consider a belgian table beer on Saturday. Something small enough to be done quickly but still interesting to drink. It had a OG of 1.048 and I fermented it with a full pack of properly rehydrated T-58 Belgian yeast at room temp ~70f. I Pulled a hydrometer sample and it's about where I think it should be, 1.010, and the hydrometer sample tasted great if a just little yeasty due to the yeast still being in suspension. Would I be causing any harm if I cold crash the carboy so I can keg it and get it carbonating? I know production breweries can turn around beer in three days without any ill effects so why can't I?

If you think it tastes fine go for it, since you are kegging there is no real risk. More time would probably improve it, but if you are happy who cares. Let us know how it turns out.

Mind sharing the recipe you came up with?

I've had that yeast for some time, and every time I create a Belgian recipe it's way over the FG max or under the OG min.

I've recently created a belgian wit recipe that I'll try out next month if I don't find something else to try instead.

Mind sharing the recipe you came up with?

I've had that yeast for some time, and every time I create a Belgian recipe it's way over the FG max or under the OG min.

I've recently created a belgian wit recipe that I'll try out next month if I don't find something else to try instead.

This was an extract recipe as I was just trying to brew up something fast:
http://bsghandcraft.com/index.php/b...r-ingredient-kits/belgian-ale-tb-ing-kit.html

Hmmm… The yeast claims to have a low attenuation of 70% according to Fermentis. But I see the claim made by the kit shows a rather high attenuation judging by the OG/FG difference:

OG: 1.058-1.062
FG: 1.007-1.011

What did you measure?

Latest posts

Back