Quick help please...must stir AJC in to prime

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KaiB

Reaction score
Have all my Speidels occupied right now, so I must bottle from secondary - no bottling container available.

Current was in primary one month, secondary 45 days. Little trub on bottom will settle, but I'm nervous.

Added AJC measure to full secondary container and stirred a bit. Have wiggled the container also, but...

WILL THE AJC MIX EVENLY, HOW LONG UNTIL I HAVE A HOMOGENOUS MIXTURE.

Who's done this, who can tell me to relax, wait an hour and bottle up?

TIA...

Have all my Speidels occupied right now, so I must bottle from secondary - no bottling container available.

Current was in primary one month, secondary 45 days. Little trub on bottom will settle, but I'm nervous.

Added AJC measure to full secondary container and stirred a bit. Have wiggled the container also, but...

WILL THE AJC MIX EVENLY, HOW LONG UNTIL I HAVE A HOMOGENOUS MIXTURE.

Who's done this, who can tell me to relax, wait an hour and bottle up?

TIA...
I know Pre-fermentation -- when I mix FAJC & juice in my Speidels - I swirl entire thing for about 30secs and have never had any issues. Can't speak about post-ferment as I don't do any FAJC additions in my protocol. Cheers & good luck [emoji111]

It's not gonna mix without stirring, but you don't have to get carried away with it. Guess you should just wait for the lees to settle again before bottling.

Mylar's correct it's not going to mix anytime soon. As I can see you've got two options to bottle, you can gently stir it and let the less settle back out, maybe a few hours. Or run to a hardware store and pickup a food grade bucket or new trash can, depending on your batch size), transfer everything over and bottle with a siphon out of the new bucket. If it was me, I'd stir it up and let it sit for a few hours. You may just have more lees at the bottom of bottles and have to be more careful pouring off the bottles.

Lump nailed my thoughts.

I ended up sterilizing my wife's 48" aluminum sewing ruler and stirring well.

As I always let sit one month in primary and rack carefully to secondary (for one to two months there), not much lees remained in that container. Let it sit a bit and bottled up...lost two bottles as the bottom was more cloudy than I wanted it to be.

Cheers...

Back