Quick fermenting mead?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mathematics

Reaction score
I'm a noob when it comes to mead, just started my first batch a few months ago (a raspberry sweet mead) that per the recipe will take a few more months to really turn into something great.

Is there a mead recipe that would be ready to drink in under 6 weeks or so? I have some friends getting married end of July and would love to have a few bottles of ready-to-drink mead by then. We were having a beer the other night and I explained to them what mead was and its significance related to honeymoons. They both thought it was pretty neat, and I think it'd make a much more personal wedding gift than whatever gift certificate I would end up buying.

Try a smaller mead. I've made carbonated meads of around 7% abv that were drinkable fairly quickly. But 6 weeks is a bit quick for almost anything. Even with my beers, I like to let them sit for at least a month and a half before drinking.

Yeah, you could do a hyrdomel...

OR, make a spectacularly complex mead that is intended to be opened on their 1st anniversary.. :)

Latest posts

Back