quick disconnect not working?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsratso

Reaction score
yes i am new at this and yes i have triple checked that i have not mixed up my posts. ;) i have 3 new kegs. 2 of them work fine, but on the third i cannot get my beer line (black) to connect onto my keg's out post (smooth post, no notches). is this common? is there different sizes, is the post defective, etc? i have lubed the o-ring?

Assuming you used the same beer QD on all three kegs, and the offending post isn't obviously damaged, most likely the Out post poppet isn't retracting. If the post on that keg is the same as on one of the other kegs, you can compare the poppets to see if they're different, and even swap them to see if the problem follows the post. You can have problems with kegs with mismatched poppets, and some "universal" poppets often have springs that are too long for certain posts and require trimming to function properly...

Cheers!

Just a thought, check to make sure their's not too much pressure in the keg, that will keep the poppet from going in.

so mystery solved. it turns out the keg i bought used has 2 gas posts and no liquid posts on it :cross:

because one of the gas posts is a 6 point and one is a 12 point, the 6 point base looked "smooth" to my not so great eyes and i mistook it for a liquid post.

Back