quick connect/disconnect co2 line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nixie

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for a way to be able to easily disconnect my co2 bottle from the serving fridge to use with closed transfer of beer elswhere, Does such an adapter exist? Ideally I would have a female connection on the fridge that when disconnected stops and leakage just the same as connecting to the post on my keg. I could then take my gas bottle elsewhere temorarily to transfer my beer. currently having to lug the fermenter over to the kegerator and then of course gets stirred up. thx for the tips and tricks!

yes, ok that works Perfectly! is that commonly a done thing? usually I see pictures done like me, with a hole drilled for one or more gas lines, I have one gas line with a 3 way manifold inside the fridge. How do I attatch the gas line on the interior though? what filts the threadded side?

fwiw, I have 1/4" MFL bulkhead mounted gas posts on my keezer and one of my brewery fridges, the latter so I can use its CO2 bottle for push-transfers and purging. Big fan :thumbsup:

bulkhead_posts_1.jpg
bulkhead_posts_2.jpg

Cheers!

Hey guys, looking for a way to be able to easily disconnect my co2 bottle from the serving fridge to use with closed transfer of beer elswhere, Does such an adapter exist?

I have a couple different pairs of these and find they work well.
https://www.morebeer.com/products/beer-gas-quick-connect-inline-set-shutoff.html
I think I have 2 female ends (on each of my CO2 tanks) and 3 male ends (one on my kegerator, one on a line with a ball lock disconnect, and another on a line that I use for misc purging).

6 years ago, I order a set of quick disconnects from Home | Nordson MEDICAL similar to the ones from MoreBeer shown by others. I am sure that they have gone up in cost considerably since then, but a copy of my invoice is shown below. I have these installed on all my gas (and I think beer) lines. It makes it easy to swap out connections for instance to inject CO2 into a beer output of a keg. I just have a short piece of tubing with a beer disconnect that I swap out instead of having to deal with a MFL swivel connection.

You can see that the valved connections are not that much, and the non-valved male connections are dirt cheap. If you buy in bulk like I did, it's a LOT cheaper than buying from a homebrew supply like MoreBeer. I think you can still order directly from Nordson. This is what they told me in 2017:

My best recommendation would be for you to make a web account and purchase product directly from us on our website. We only have 10 & 100pc bag mins and you will get the best price this way. If you wish to go thru distribution you may also purchase our products thru Qosina, VWR, Thermofisher, Cole Parmer and or McMaster Carr.

Unfortunately, I do not recommend purchasing product on Amazon. As of right now we are not selling nor marketing our products on Amazon. That would be a third party selling our products without our consent. We do not support the Amazon sales, nor are we managing that sales channel, an cannot take responsibility for delayed delivery on Amazon orders.

1686149061162.png

magic, I will have a look to see if this exists in Canada, otherwise might just have to order from brewhardware
If you decide to go this route with the bulkhead piece and the swivel flare end, make sure you install the plastic gasket, called a flare washer. The threaded end of that bulkhead is bare metal and requires that seal. Make sure you are getting the right seal for that bulkhead/swivel as I just did a quick search. Without this gasket you'll have a big CO2 leak.

1686315282257.png
1686315514865.png

Hey guys, looking for a way to be able to easily disconnect my co2 bottle from the serving fridge to use with closed transfer of beer elswhere, Does such an adapter exist? Ideally I would have a female connection on the fridge that when disconnected stops and leakage just the same as connecting to the post on my keg. I could then take my gas bottle elsewhere temorarily to transfer my beer. currently having to lug the fermenter over to the kegerator and then of course gets stirred up. thx for the tips and tricks!
as recommended in this thread I purchased the bulkhead and ball lock connection from Brew Hardware. I just received and installed in my mini fridge kegarator and I am very happy with the solution. I thought of the cheaper plastic quick connects but figured they would not last if disconnecting with any frequency.

Terry

I use air hose fittings. The ones you put on your air compressor lines and air tools.

Back