Questions on moving from EBIAB to 3 Vessel Electric System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garrett

Reaction score
Currently been brewing BIAB on my 15 Gallon Bayou Classic Electric Kettle for 2 years with great success and almost 100 awesome beers. I have finally taken the dive with almost a full year of planning and opening a brewery in late 2015.

Looking to upgrade my current setup to mimic the similar process of the 15bbl system we are purchasing. It will be a standard HLT, MLT and Direct Fire BK.

With my current system, I want to continue going electric with the same equipment I already own, just add two more vessels. A HLT and MLT. The question I have is about creating an Electric MLT; I do not want to do RIMS or HERMS since that will not be the way we brew on the commercial system. What is the best false bottom setup that will work with a heating element and pump setup to recirculate this system to maintain constant mash temperature?

Cheers!
Garrett
Ambitious Ales

Back