Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wild

Reaction score
Due to extremely Sh1ty circumstances at my residence, I was forced to keg a Pale Ale 2 weeks after brewing. Normally I rack to secondary after 7 days but I was out of town. Instead of secondary I racked to a clean keg with a hop sock. I assume the aroma will not catch up with a normal batch for 2 weeks. Am I correct?

Wild

OK, I'll try again:
I kegged a pale ale after two weeks in primary with a hop sock, rather than racking into secondary with said hopsock. Meaning I"ll be tapping this beer soon. What will be the difference?

Wild

Just make sure it stays in on place for a good while before tgapping and drink the first few pints on your own out of a mug rater than a clear glass.

Basically you're saying you've dry hopped it late, and now the keg will be the secondary and dry hop -- this will be no problem, but the aroma might take a week or two to settle into the brew.

Back