Question regarding my CO2 Air Distributor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boralyl

Reaction score
I purchased this air distiributor for my 4 keg keezer. I see people mentioning check valves and shutoff valves. I believe this has both. I believe a check valve prevents fluid from going back in to the line and a shutoff valve doesn't allow air to exit at all. Is this correct? I'm assuming when the red handle is lined up with the valve it is open, otherwise it is closed.

The reason I ask is I'm trying to determine where I have a CO2 leak. I currently have 3 kegs connected to the air disitributor and just wanted to make sure it wasn't leaking out the 4th barb.

Yup, you've nailed the idea as far as check valves and shut-off valves go. Did you use teflon tape on all your connections? The distributors can really benefit from it if you haven't already. Assuming you've got that, it would be hard to say. If its a fairly big leak, you could start by closing all four valves and see if it still leaks. If it doesn't, its downstream of the regulator somewhere. At that point you could open the valves one by one and give it time to see if it leaks, at least narrowing it down to the line that's leaking. Trouble is if its a small leak, it might be tough to find that way. You could always crank the CO2 up a little and use the starsan/soapy water trick to figure out where you've got CO2 leaving the system.

Set the pressure to about 20+ PSI and spray Star San out of a spay bottle on all the connection points. It will foam like crazy where you have a leak. Love that stuff!

Latest posts

Back