Question about transporting fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewster13

Reaction score
So I brewed number 2 the other day and realized that brewing on my electric stove sucks and takes forever. Here is my question I have another kit to brew and would like to do it on a gas stove. My grandmother lives about 5 miles from me. Will I be ok to brew at her house then transport my fermenter to my house? I live in new york and it is in the mid 30's outside but it is only like a 5-7 min drive. Would this effect my beer in any negative ways? :drunk:

It will be fine. I don't think your yeasties will complain that the added shaking keep them in suspension more and the temperature shouldn't drop too much in that short of time. Just don't drop it!

I've brought home wort from group brews at OSU and that's 65 miles. People have brewed at Hop Madness and taken the wort home the next day. Definitely not a problem.

That is good news. Yes I am using a plastic fermenter. I think I shall brew tom then. Thanks guys

Back