Question About Brewers Best Weizenbier Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisdaman77

Reaction score
Hell everyone I have a question about said kit. It came with 2 3.3 lb LME only thing is nowhere does it state when to use the second one. Can anyone lend a little advice or insight. This is going to be my first time out and planning on doing it before work tomorrow morning before work at 3 pm. Here are the online instructions.

Thanks
Chris

It's in Step 3 of your instructions (far right, first page, bottom). You'll add it with about 20 minutes left in the boil, or 40 minutes into the boil. You can add it later than that, too, with no issues.

When you add it, remove the pot from the stove so it doesn't scorch on the bottom and stir in the LME. Once it's all dissolved and mixed well, put the pot back on the heat and continue with your boil.

I notice that but when following the instructions on the left it only states one can lol. So the first can should be added as the water starts to warm or before I start the heat? Just want to be sure so as to not mess up this batch.

EDIT: I see how they did the instructions now. Guess I am just too paranoid to notice what I am supposed to do. On another note I think I better get some bags to put the hops in to keep it a little cleaner.

Not too sure since still packaged. Hopefully going to brew first thing tomorrow. Gotta pick up my water on my way home tonight since we have horribly hard water.

Back