question about a keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danorocks17

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to buy a used decommissioned keg to turn into a keggle. So I was wondering what a good price for a used keg would be? I'm not exactly sure how much they are going to ask for it because it was listed as part of a package, but the guy said he would sell just the keg to me. Also, I don't have way to cut the top off so a guy with a plasma cutter said he would do it for like $25. does this seem like a good deal also?

I have a turkey fryer and was wondering if anyone ever had trouble fitting a keg on top of it. this is the fryer I use http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000BXHL0/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Any help would be appreciated :mug:

Last edited by a moderator:
40 is a good to fair price for a keg and if you don't want to cut it yourself, then 25 is decent.

Good Luck.

40 is a good to fair price for a keg and if you don't want to cut it yourself, then 25 is decent.

Good Luck.

awsome, thanks SB. I'm thinking that 40 is probably what he is going to ask for it. I really wish I could do it myself because I like projects, but I just dont have the equipment or anything

You don't need a plasma cutter. I had mine off with an angle grinder. You might be able to rent one for an hour for cheap. But paying 25 bucks for a plasma cut is okay, I guess. You should have plied him or her with promises of six packs of homebrew, though.

Just be sure to fill it up with a good amount of water so the slag doesn't stick to the bottom of your keg.

U can even use a saw zaw that's what I did ( I hadn't found this site yet or I would have used a grinder ) it may not be pretty but it gets the job done

Back