Quarantine beer names

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreaded_rust

Reaction score
So I know a lot of you are brewing some quarantine beers and thanks to the SecDef's stop movement order I guess I have some time to brew again
I'm doing an amber ale with Cascade and Chinook. I wanna name it something befitting of the times but I'm drawing blanks.
What are y'all naming your quarantine beers these days?

So I know a lot of you are brewing some quarantine beers and thanks to the SecDef's stop movement order I guess I have some time to brew again
I'm doing an amber ale with Cascade and Chinook. I wanna name it something befitting of the times but I'm drawing blanks.
What are y'all naming your quarantine beers these days?
I’m been doing some thinking about this as well and can’t come up with many punny ones or ones that have direct correlations, which is what I strive for. All I can think of is for Mexican lager style beers and doing a play off of “corona” and calling it the social distance or quarantine.

Lockdown Lager
Patient Zero Pilsner
Shelter in Place Pale
Contagious Haze
Asymptomatic Ale
Wash yo Hands Haze
6 Foot Rule Stout
Vaccine Dream
Imperial Vaccination
Socially Distant Dunkel
Covid Cream Ale
Covidiot
Ventilator Vienna Lager

Btw I accept royalties.

Coronation Ale
And for lagers:
Ludwig's Coronation (a tribute to Bavaria's king Ludwig Ii)

LOL! I'm stealing some of these names!

I've got 10 gallons of "Isolation IPA" fermenting right now. I may be looking at a week off from work because of all this, so that will give me time to brew up some more.

Looking at doing a Wuhan Wheat beer and a black IPA I'll dub Year of the Bat.

Escape From NY
escape-from-newyork.jpg

I don't usually name stuff unless the recipe I use comes with a name. A recipe from here that was called Crowd Pleaser IPA but that would be a $1000 fine in my state so it is on my taplist as Isolation Ale. I brewed a batch of Sierra Nevada Resilience and that seems fitting, and a batch of Kolsch, which, what else would you call that?

• Hop Movement Order
  • C3PO - COVID Cascade & Chinook Pale Ordinary
  • Full Fathom Amber... since I see you're not a Navy guy, a fathom is 6 feet, the recommended distance for social distancing

The delicious ultra-light AmeriPils-Kolsch I made with precious and sometimes hard to get rice: TIME HAS LOST ALL MEANING!

Latest posts

Back