Quality.....In a cobra tap.......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stealthcruiser

Reaction score
Does such a thing exist?
This past week, I had 3 new, ball lock / cobra tap lines made up @ my LHBS, as I needed some longer dispensing hoses.

This past weekend, I was also cleaning a keg, to get it ready for a brew that's close to ready, and at the same time, that would be ideal time to clean / sanitize these new setups.
I fill the keg with hot oxy cleaner solution, slosh around, pressurize to about 30, and flush the solution through the hose setups.

2 of the 3, leaked and dribbled like a sieve!
Prior to this, they were unscrewed and inspected, re-assembled and tightened.

To high of pressure you say?.........I have several older, ( read: ratty lookin') taps that won't lift until about 50 PSI, which I realize is way higher than they will see as a serving pressure.

I was kinda' hoping these new ones would at least stand up to the pressures they might see while in the cleaning mode.

I reduced the pressure considerably, and the same 2 still dribbled.
A subsequent dis-assembly showed nothing amiss, so I pressed two older ones into service, on my new lines, with no leaky!

I see no manufacturer names, on the new or old ones that I have.

Looking for some barbed inlet ones, but could easily change to MFL inlets for some decent quality ones.

Thanks in advance!

OUCH!

That's crazy right there!

( but I would like to lay my hands on one, to see how it's made....)

The actual faucet on there looks very similar to a soda dispenser tap.........

Back