Python capability flags still missing after fresh install of Debian11 and Fermentrack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeeppilot

Reaction score
I recently did a fresh install of Debian 11 and Fermentrack and my Tilt connection is still unstable and intermittent. When I troubleshoot from Fermentrack, everything appears good except for the missing Python capability flags. I have updated all packages using apt-get update and apt-get upgrade. I also updated Fermentrack from Github to the most recent dev version. I ran the sudo setcap command that is listed and it failed due to Python being installed in the default /usr/bin instead of /usr/local/bin.

There must be an easy way to fix this. I'm considering installing a Python instance specifically into that directory, but this seems like it should be unnecessary as Fermentrack and Tilt should work "out of the box". Any thoughts?

@Thorrak

Back