Pumpkin Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smalltownbrewer

Reaction score
I was thinking of taking a Coopers English Bitter, 500 g of dark DME and about an ounce of cascade hops and then adding some pumpkin purée with spices in it. Thought I would boil the DME and hops and pumpkin for about half an hour then adding it to my Coopers English Bitter extract, then using US-05 yeast with it. What do you guys think? I think it would be delicious.

Ive read a few recipes..most say to spread pumpkin on a cookie sheet and bake for one hour at 350..one recipe said glaze it with real maple syrup..another said to drizzle with molasses...some used two cans of LME some used one can of LME some DME and grains
.which way to go???.buy a kit.try a method..if its t astey brew again

Wow! Not everyone reply at once. Changed my recipe a bit, decided to go with a can of Coopers English bitter, 1 pound of crystal 40, 4 pounds light brown sugar, three smaller cans of pumpkin with spice, and 1 ounce of cascade hops for 60 min boil. Then cooled it down and threw in some US-05 yeast, smelled great and the wort tasted awesome so far.

Wow! Not everyone reply at once. Changed my recipe a bit, decided to go with a can of Coopers English bitter, 1 pound of crystal 40, 4 pounds light brown sugar, three smaller cans of pumpkin with spice, and 1 ounce of cascade hops for 60 min boil. Then cooled it down and threw in some US-05 yeast, smelled great and the wort tasted awesome so far.

Sound really tastey..good luck with that one..Cheers!

Back