Pumpkin Ale in primary, when to bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derekgeisinger

Reaction score
I have 2 batches of a pumpkin ale in their primary fermenters and didn't have time to bottle this weekend and will be in Atlantic City for a bachelor party this weekend. They were brewed on 8/3 and kept in a temp controlled refrigerator at 68 degrees since they were brewed.

Should I try to squeeze in bottling 10 gallons some evening this week, I'd rather not. Or should I just let it ride until 9/7.

Is that too long in the primary? I really don't want to ruin 10 gallons, but I have heard keeping it in there 3-5 weeks is fine. I usually bottle at 3-4 weeks.

5-7 weeks is even fine. after that i would rack to secondary, and you could hold it there as long as you want. If you do a proper search there is definitely more specific details to your brew.

The beer would be fine sitting that long, if youre really concerned about it either rack to secondary or suck it up and bottle :)

Maybe bottle 5 gallons and rack 5 to secondary?

Back