Pumped for first AG!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtmwhyte

Reaction score
I just had to post a pic of my boil setup. My mash tun is leak free and held temp for 90+minutes in my test run:rockin:

I'm doing Edwort's Kolsch first and then Haus Pale the next brew. Anyone ever do a Kolsch with Saaz? I am planning to follow Edwort's recipe but I do have Saaz on hand and think it would be delicious as he describes the beer as "tasting like a German Pilsner". Either way, pumped up!
2012-03-17_17-21-06_622.jpg

Just boil acouple of gallons of water in it before you brew to season it..and i just used saaz with a kolsh yeast in my farm house ale and it tasts great!!!

yeah, I am actually planning on conditioning the pot tonight while the wife is out. Next weekend can't come fast enough. Built my Wort Chiller yesterday and my burner is actually my Dad's old clam cooker with some new additions.

Yea the first time that aluminum is exposed to the high heat will I want to say compress but basically the lattice will shift and using water instead of say your wort because you wouldn't want components of the wort settling into that new lattice or coating the inside

Back