Pulled tap handle and nothin is coming out.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls Beers

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What reason would this be happening? I don't think It's a frozen line. The last beer i had before this problem, there was a lot of sediment in my glass, but I had a beer earlier today and It was fine.

Any Ideas??

So easy its stupid possibilities, please dont feel patronized!

screw got loosened on regulator? Out of gas? clogged QD?

out of beer? lol.

So easy its stupid possibilities, please dont feel patronized!

screw got loosened on regulator? Out of gas? clogged QD?

out of beer? lol.

Plenty of gas...My other tap is flowing perfectly. When I pull the tap, it trickles out, then nothing. I it's guess clogged...

DON'T DUMP IT, please don't dump out your beer. :eek: Sounds like a clogged line to me. Try to clear the possible obstruction or change out the line. Double check all your connections. Like Philrose said earlier, probably something simple.

Cheers :mug:

is the gas line open to the keg? I have had the same thing happen to me only to realize i forgot to turn the gas back on after hooking up the new keg

If youre getting that much sediment in your keg that you clogged your tap you need to stop siphoning before you pick that much up in the first place. Ive never put a beer in secondary except to dry hop and age a stout and Ive never had a clogged tap.

Another place to look is the dip tube. Maybe its got a hop cone lodged in it. Undo the liquid out post and pull the dip tube out and shine a light through it and see if there is a blockage. If there is youll need to get something like a dip tube brush or long pipe cleaner to push it out.

Back