pulled off first AG session

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenjaminR

Reaction score
I have been obsessively lurking this section for quite some time now since I began brewing and have eagerly awaited the day I would start doing all grain. I got fed up with looking and started doing.

Completed two 5gal batches this weekend. One an old bourbon oak ale and a honey weizen

Wort chiller
IMG_0079.jpg

Mash tun
IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

Vacuum sealed oak chips with bourbon, vanilla beans, and co-co nip!
IMG_0082.jpg

Draining mash
IMG_0084.jpg

Start boil
IMG_0086.jpg

Nice kitchen to work out of as opposed to my tiny arse apartment
IMG_0085.jpg

Wort chiller in action with ice wand. I use to simply fill up my sink with ice water and put my pot in there to cool it down. It use to take about 3hrs to get under 100deg. With the chiller and ice wand I went from boil to 75deg in under 30mins!
IMG_0087.jpg

Old bourbon oak ale!
IMG_0088.jpg

A quick thank you to everyone that has shared their info etc on here to give me enough confidence in doing this.

End of the the day, super easy and I don't know why I haven't been doing this sooner!

Congrats on the success of the first AG brews! Cooking in a professional kitchen would be so nice instead of my cramped home kitchen. :mug:

Back