Pulled my first beer last night

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinakajuice

Reaction score
...and a few more of course.

Well, my keezer works, my zero-activity-airlock Windsor yeast did it's job, and I enjoyed my first pints out of it last night. I put it on 30 lbs for 24 hours, shaking it a few times and putting it in the keezer to cool down. After the first 24 hours, I dropped it down to 12 lbs and gave it two weeks. I tested it early to see if the yeast was working since my brother-in-law is making a cider and was worried the Windsor yeast wasn't doing anything. I did my brotherly duty and caught a buzz to put his mind at ease. Just a 4 week turnaround brown ale just to get something in the pipeline, next one, a wheat gets kegged on Wednesday. Then I can brew up the next in line, a breakfast stout.

F--- bottling! lol

Congrats!

If you are going to give a keg two weeks anyway, you can skip the 30lbs. It will condition in two weeks at 10-12lbs as long as there are no problems with your setup.

Back