Pub/bottle shop recommendations in Chicago area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wan2ride

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I'm headed to Schaumburg, IL tonight for a training class tomorrow. Can anyone recommend a decent place for a brew and maybe a good bottle shop? Preferably within a reasonable cab ride of the "One Schaumburg Place Shopping Center" mall as that's right next to my hotel.

I'd like to pick up some Three Floyd's while I'm in the area as we don't get them here in North Cackalacky. Any other breweries I should be sure to look for? We already get Bell's and Founders, and I've tried some Goose Island before.

A good local place to eat would be cool too.

Thanks for any responses!

Been a while since I lived in Chicago, and I dont know Schaumburg well, but as far as Bottle shops, look for a Binny's. They usually have a solid stock. Bars in schaumburg... meh.. good luck. I'd reccomend getting a car and heading to Two Brothers brewery which is in the burbs, but not close.

If you get a chance, go to Bigby's pour house for a few drinks. Definitely worth it. Not walking distance, but not to far either in Addison, IL

+1 on Binny's, they have a good selection.

Back