Heading to Chicago for the holidays, any beer recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m_c_zero

Reaction score
Have been to Chicago the last few years for Christmas and always try to find new beers to try. I probably won't have time to make it out to any breweries so readily available recommendations are appreciated.

I've had quite a few selections from Half Acre, Revolution and Goose Island (also Three Floyds even though it's not a Chicago brewery) but that's about it.

Have been to Chicago the last few years for Christmas and always try to find new beers to try. I probably won't have time to make it out to any breweries so readily available recommendations are appreciated.

I've had quite a few selections from Half Acre, Revolution and Goose Island (also Three Floyds even though it's not a Chicago brewery) but that's about it.

Three Floyds is close enough to be considered Chicago. I like Two Brothers. They make some good beer. If you're close to the Aurora area check our the Two Brother's Roundhouse. I think they also opened a market complex in downtown Naperville.

Solemn Oath in Naperville is also good as is Penrose in Geneva, IL. I know you said you wouldn't have much time for breweries but just in case you're right next door to any of those places. Two Brothers also sells a good chunk of their selection in most liquor and grocery stores.

Chicago has some great beer! I live in Indiana but there regularly. The first thing is if your planning on going to a beer store to buy beer i would strongly recommend Binnys. They have a huge selection. My favorite breweries are pipeworks (best beers are lizard king and ninjas vs unicorns) i also really like off color brewing (mostly sours). Binnys also usually has a couple of beers from Maine Beer Company. Not chicago but awesome beer you cant get many places.

Chicago has some great beer! I live in Indiana but there regularly. The first thing is if your planning on going to a beer store to buy beer i would strongly recommend Binnys. They have a huge selection. My favorite breweries are pipeworks (best beers are lizard king and ninjas vs unicorns) i also really like off color brewing (mostly sours). Binnys also usually has a couple of beers from Maine Beer Company. Not chicago but awesome beer you cant get many places.

Couldn't agree more. Binny's Beverage Depot is a terrific place to buy beer and whatever else you like to drink. I lived in Chicago for a while and loved going there. I only wish it was closer to where I lived.

Back