PSI Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indybrewer

Reaction score
I am sure this has been asked but I have used the search function and not found what I am looking for so here it goes. I recently setup my kegerator with just one faucet. I bought the dual regulator system so I can carb one while drinking another. I had a local pub fill one of my corny's to start drinking while the other was carbing. My question is I have had it at 12-14 psi carbing for a week now. Should I cut the pressure back and let it sit at serving pressure which I have set at 7-8 psi on the other so it can be a proper psi when it is time to start serving. Thanks for the help.

Since you force carb'd above the serving pressure, the keg will be at that higher pressure until you've served a few pints. If you don't have check valves in the CO2 lines, disconnect the keg, vent it, then hook it back up at the serving pressure.

Back