Proper glassware help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan_L

Reaction score
So I have done my google homework, but either I fail at the internets or just haven't looked far enough. I have found plenty of sites but still have questions. Is anyone aware of a site to explain or answer the following:

I have found inconsistencies in the type of glass recommended for a style, is there a site/body that is considered the authority on the subject?

Plenty will give you the correct glass but I have found none that explain WHY it is correct, as in what physically about the shape causes the flavors/aromas to be perceived a certain way? (Some touch on this but I want to nerd out on the specifics!)

Thanks for the help!

18gsqw05phux6jpg.jpg

In order from left to right:
1) The standard. Great for PBR tastings.
2) A perfect fit for wild turkey or jello shots
3) The 16 oz. version of the standard cup. Really brings out the aroma and fortifies head retention in Busch and Milwaukee's Best tall boy varieties.
4) & 5) These are variants of the first two, but higher class for those formal events that allow you to break out the tuxedo t-shirt.
6) Nothing says "man of mystery" quite like a potters martini with a twist of Pepsi.
7) Margarita mix and cheap tequila now have a home. Don't forget to salt the rim with all those stolen salt packets you got from the Waffle House.

Hope this helped.

I figured he probably had, but it's one of the better sources for it that I've found.

From what I understand through BA and other sources, there is no wrong glasswear, of course. But there are certain ones that fit the beer better. Some that give extra room for a thicker head, effectively spreading it out across a larger surface area. Some that accent more Aromas because of the way they bring the drink to your nose, and some that are more visualy stunning, or gather light better to make the drinks color pop out a little more just to look good; such as plating a meal at a restaurant.

Latest posts

Back