Propane Burner Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starrfish

Reaction score
40 qt pot to be delivered tomorrow

Looking for just a burner.

Saw heights from 12" to 25" was leaning toward taller model at first, now not sure.

considering:
King Kooker Jet Burner Outdoor Cooker
$64.99

King Kooker 12" Outdoor Cooker
$62.99

or King Kooker 25" Tall Heavy Duty Burner ...
$54.00

advantages vs disadvantage tall vs short.
Looking for adjustable regulator for sure... any other features you guys found essential?

going to want to try out new pot soon after getting, so I'm trying to shop local. 1st all grain mild ingredients coming tomorrow too!

This is 210000 BTUs. You can remove the burner and it's $40 bucks if you go into to Home Depot to get it. The $50 price seems to be only online.

:tank:

I found 2 At the home-depot site

Bayou Classic-Single Burner Outdoor Patio Stove Model SQ14
$49.97/EA-Each w/15 psi regulator & square burner grate

and

Bayou Classic High Pressure Outdoor Gas Cooker with 20 PSI Regulator & round burner grate Model # SP10
$39.96/EA-Each

15 psi more efficient? it's $10 more...

Bayou Classic SQ-14. Works real well.

bayou-classic-sq14-single-burner-outdoor-patio-stove-range.jpg

Starfish,

Whats the dimension on that pot. I had listed a stand in the classifieds that will take up to 16"" pot. Stand also has a 10 psi adjustable reg. You would need a bayou classic burner for it (12 bucks online). I'll give you a deal far better then those. I think the reg actually has the burner orifice as well.

Burner- http://www.bayouclassicdepot.com/bg10_cast_iron_burner.htm

PM if your interested.

I'm bummed. My home depot doesn't carry the Bayou Classics (round or square) in store and wanted $18 to ship over $49.99 price!

I guess I'm off to ACE Hardware at lunch.

Starfish,

Whats the dimension on that pot. I had listed a stand in the classifieds that will take up to 16"" pot. Stand also has a 10 psi adjustable reg. You would need a bayou classic burner for it (12 bucks online). I'll give you a deal far better then those. I think the reg actually has the burner orifice as well.

Burner- http://www.bayouclassicdepot.com/bg10_cast_iron_burner.htm

PM if your interested.

Thanks for the offer. Looking to buy local as I really want to try out new pot this weekend after my fly fishing trip saturday!. Sunday might be a double header brew day 1 partial, 1 all grain.

Saw a few different PSI rated regulators... 10, 15, 20
which is more efficient?
does higher PSI use more gas? less gas?

thanks

No problem. What the hell I'll drive it from WI to SC today!

Bring a fly rod and golf clubs! LOL

Just stocked local river in columbia SC with 6" brown trout & 12" rainbows.
not big but all I can get in the eastern part of SC!

May be playing 9 holes friday afternoon at local course in Florence SC.

Temps in the 50's can't go wrong!:rockin:

Saw a few different PSI rated regulators... 10, 15, 20
which is more efficient?
does higher PSI use more gas? less gas?

thanks

Higher PSI means more gas, but you're only getting the full pressure with the needle valve wide open. As you close the valve, you turn down the flame, and you use less gas, of course. Higher pressure gives you more power when you want it, but small adjustments to the valve have a much larger effect, so they're harder to adjust on the low end.

THIS SUX!
I'M A YANKEE SOD BANK MONKEY LIVING ON A SOUTHERN BEACH and HAD TO SPECIAL ORDER a Bayou Classic SQ-14! I've turned in my Yankee card years ago! WHY CAN'T I get a turkey fryer!

Out of stock or didn't carry at 3 major chains and 2 small mom and pop hardware stores!

MAy or may not be here before xmas!

at least I have ingredients for 2 partials (i can brew stove top) and 1 all grain just waiting for cooker!

Back