Propane burner flame

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IvanTheTerribrew

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have a 55k btu propane burner and it doesn't seem to be burning quite right. I already took it apart and cleaned it with BKF but it still seems off. Here are pictures of it on low flame, medium and high flame. In all three the air intake is wide open. Does it look like it's burning too orange to you?
Anything I can do to fix this or should I just buy a new one. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412039859.692267.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1412039878.701656.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1412039887.779204.jpg

- ISM NRP

Your flames look pretty good to me, nice and blue. That is usually a good indication of complete combustion. What regulator are you running?

You might try to adjust the air intake to get less orange flame and more blue but otherwise it looks pretty good to me

Before you go grinding on it, feed it more air, through a hose or something, and see if the flame changes.
Choked down air compressor flow, discharge from a shop our house vacuum, etc....

Before you go grinding on it, feed it more air, through a hose or something, and see if the flame changes.
Choked down air compressor flow, discharge from a shop our house vacuum, etc....

Good idea. I'll give that a try with my compressor and see. If it does work I'll open it up. But I'll also take a wire brush and try to clean it better

- ISM NRP

Latest posts

Back