Probe placement

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopbreakers

Reaction score
I got a simple question. Does the placement of the t valve for the probe matter for a herms set up? I have seen the t valve straight from the pot and other after the ball valve. Does it really even matter?

I have my T's screwed right into the end of my ball valves. I think the closer they are to the outlet the better.

I got a simple question. Does the placement of the t valve for the probe matter for a herms set up? I have seen the t valve straight from the pot and other after the ball valve. Does it really even matter?

no, it doesn't matter. i suppose it could be argued that having the temp probe between the kettle outlet and the valve would provide a temp reading with the valve closed but with no flow past the probe, the reading won't be that accurate anyway. i have my t-fitting/probe after the ball valve, mainly so my tri-clamp hose connection is 'further away' from the valve handle so the handle doesn't get in the way when trying to attach/detach hoses.

Latest posts

Back