Probably stupid but I am doing it anyway

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonofgrok

n00basaurus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have been sitting on some leftover this and some leftover that for a while now, so I am gonna do something with it. I say "something" because I am not quite sure what this beast will turn out.

Going to make two 1 gallon batches with:
~2#s breiss special dark LME
1 can organic pumpkin puree
.5 oz Willamette hops (full 60 minutes I am thinking?)
1 packet Montrachet yeast (yeah... you read that right. I am using leftover stuff I have laying around... no dedicated buys for this brew. That includes getting some beer yeast)

Yum/yuck/wierd/crazy/dumb/whatever... I am doing it... and I am drinking it.

I guess if you're that bored....sure, why not make pumpkin bine :D

Let us know how it turns out. :tank:

Less bored than want to get rid of these hops and LME somewhat productively. Still, these may be the beers that sit in the back of the cellar closet and get dusted off when the cellar runs dry and throats be desperate for some brew.

Wine yeast doesn't do a good job of fermenting maltose. You may not get very far into fermentation.

Yeah. I had considered this... especially using the super dark malt. But oh well...

I spose I could add some honey to try to get the ferment going but I don't want to take the OG up too high.

Back