Pro for a Day.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdauria

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well after winning Barrel House Z's (Weymouth, MA) inaugural homebrew comp back in March 2016 and getting to brew my Jane Rae's Amber Ale two times there (4 barrels each time, aged in rum barrels) and getting a trip to GABF, I got to complete the last part of the perk of winning yesterday.

I spent the day at Dorchester Brewing with their head brewer/co-owner Todd Charbonneau brewing 60 bbls of my beer on their 30 bbl system. Seeing a top of the line big system work was amazing and was quite an experience. Dorchester Brewing besides brewing their own beers is a contract brewer, so the beer was being brewed for Barrel House Z.

It will be on tap at both Dorchester Brewing and at Barrel House Z in a few weeks, and even more exciting, it will be hitting stores in 16 oz cans in the Boston/South Shore area in late April with my name and signature on the cans! This version will not be barrel aged.

Fun stuff. I got to brew with New Holland for charity batch. Had a good time. Got a full tour and even though all each of us got to do was to dump bags of grain in the mill and stir the mash tun, it was fun and interesting. It was also a good opportunity to work with Feeding America West Michigan to help distribute food in that area to those who need it. There is more than can be done in this field.

I'm hoping to brew on a smaller system with a brewer in N. Michigan to be sold on their taps with my(our) name on it. That is something that is normally reserved for Competition winners, so it was a very gracious offer on their part, IMO.

Latest posts

Back