Priming question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubman

Reaction score
Hey guys

I have a question about bottle priming
I was thinking about bottling right from the primary fermentor. Can I mix up the priming sugar and dump it right into the primary or would I be better off using fizz tabs.
I have read mixed reviews on those and also read some folks use Domino suger cubes.

Thanks for any help!

I would probably go with fizz tabs or individually measured out sugar in each bottle because if you try to mix your priming sugar into your primary you are going to stir up all of the yeast and trub on the bottom and you don't want to get too much of that into your bottles

I would probably go with fizz tabs or individually measured out sugar in each bottle because if you try to mix your priming sugar into your primary you are going to stir up all of the yeast and trub on the bottom and you don't want to get too much of that into your bottles

Thanks for waking me up LOL!

As soon as I read your reply I wondered how I did not realize that.
Since I am going to be brewing my first batch in about 15 years I'm just going to play it safe and use a bucket, don't want any surprises.

Thanks!

I was just about to suggest a bottling bucket. That way you can just batch prime and be sure it'll turn out right.

Bottling bucket certainly but if someone doesn't have one, gently stirring the priming solution in the primary vessel can be done and then wait for settling before bottling.
Adding sugar to each bottle is also a good alternative for someone without a bucket and there are quite a few fans of this method and prefer it over batch priming.

Back