Primary fermentation hit ceiling... Nock down repairs??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtheroux

Reaction score
Anybody ever repair a nock down ceiling before... It looks like it might just be surface damage

We'll certainly need to see extensive photo documentation in order to make suggestions. If you have a video or interview with SWMBO detailing her reaction it would be a plus.

how high was primary off the floor? had one splat on a wall about 2' above bucket. Flat paint, cleaned with normal cleaning products and then a mr clean magic eraser. good as new.

First stop. hardware store vinyl tubing isle to make yourself a blow-off hose.

Need to see pics, how much ended up on the floor it it hit the ceiling!!!! LOL.

9' ceilings so it traveled at least 7'... Sadly SWMBO??? found it this morning.... So I was cleaning right after, so no pictures my friends... What does swmbo stand for? And how much heat will these little ****ers produce... It shot up 4f over night... And what kind of flavours do I expect from 4f temp rise.... And do you keep the over flow??? Lol.... NOOB!!

My first fermentation was really really really good... 8 hrs to exploding, that must be good :)

SWMBO = she who must be obeyed, a.k.a. wife, a.k.a. better half, etc.

A 4F temp rise is normal and about average. When I ferment at "68" that means I set the ferm chamber temp to about 64 for the first week or 2. When active ferm is done the temp will fall to the same as the air around it.

How warm did the fermenter get? Likely you'll be just fine and will never notice anything.

No, you don't keep the overflow. If it came out of the bucket throw it away.

Back