primary Bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark_Ale

Reaction score
I was digging out my brewing stuff and could'nt find my primary bucket for my beer.......come to find out the wife has been using it to store dry dog food.....I guess I should buy another one....not sure if a good cleaning with powder brew wash will get rid of that smell....

I would get a new one, or even better I would spend the few extra bucks on a 6.5 gallon glass carboy or better bottle.

I've been thinking about those better bottles, Ya, my beer bucket will be dedicated to the dogs now.

Sounds like a good time to get a fermenator!!!!!!!!!!!! If swmbo has a problem tell her nicely its her fault and theres nothing you can do about it.

Ah, come on now. Isn't dog food just made out of mostly grain? LOL

There are probably oils stuck to the sides now that will be hard to get off. Better bottle and tell your wife its not for saving loose change ;)

Dry dog food is probably abrasive enough to have roughed up the inside providing a breeding ground for infection.

67coupe390 said:
Sounds like a good time to get a fermenator!!!!!!!!!!!! If swmbo has a problem tell her nicely its her fault and theres nothing you can do about it.
This really is a good option. However the SWMBO may not like it. But like the quote says " There is nothing I can do about it." S.:ban:

Back