Price of an inlet valve for a 5 gallon keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtg4772

Reaction score
I found one online for $6.00 plus s/h. I went to our LHBS and it was $10.00. Given shipping and handline the price is approximately the same, and I'd like to keep my money local to support our local economy.

The guys at the LHBS (very moody, some days they're cool as can be and other days they're grumpy as all hell). Anyway, they talked me into not buying the inlet valve at all because they thought it wasn't a bad valve, but that I need to chill the beer before connecting the gas.

I took their advice, went home, took the valve apart to clean it and sure enough the poppet was busted. So a few days later I go in to buy only the poppet: $6.99. I said, "Wow! I might as wel buy the entire inlet valve $6.99 vs $10.00." And the reply I get, "The inlet valve is $15.99." I had already driven across town and just wanted to be done with fixing this keg so I paid the $15.99 plus tax, $17.26!!!!!! For a damn inlet valve.:confused: I was able to get in one last snide remark, "Wow, I should have bought it when it was $10.00."

As I drove home, I promised myself I'm never going to this LHBS again. I've just about had it with their moods and fluctuating prices.:mad:

If you are talking steel posts, then $10 is a good price for new. I want to know where the $6 ones are.

Yeah, $10 is reasonable. $15.99 is outrageous. I'm sick to my stomach that I paid that much, but I have no one to blame but myself. Here is the link to the $6.00 one:

http://www.breworganic.com/sodakegparts.aspx

It's either the #3 or #4 part; $6.90 to $9.90...both better than the $17.26 that I paid.

I used the wrong word to describe their prices. I should have used ascending for their prices and fluctuating for their mood. F' em. I'm never going back.

I'm going to have to find a place that crushes and ships grain.

I used the wrong word to describe their prices. I should have used ascending for their prices and fluctuating for their mood. F' em. I'm never going back.

I'm going to have to find a place that crushes and ships grain.

A retail store who's pricing fluctuates depending on mood? That's an interesting concept.

There are a lot of great online places to get grain and most mill it for free. Try Northern Brewer, Brewmasters Warehouse or Austin HomeBrew for a start.

Most don't want $$ for milling until you want it double milled and even then it's dirt cheap.

Latest posts

Back