Pretty Things Jack D'Or

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demfer

Reaction score
Being one of my current favorites I would like to attempt a clone for this american saison. Does anyone have any clue to how this particular saison achieves a tart, dry, flavorful dynamic? I know the yeast contribute almost all the flavor and dryness. I assume mostly continental pilsner, then some wheat, and munich malt for AG...

Brewed with Pils and Vienna malts, 10-percent malted oats, and Nugget, Palisade and Cascade hops (dry hopped, too). It clocks in at 45 IBU, 6.4-percent alcohol by volume and is inspired by traditional Saisons, hoppy Belgian ales, and American IPAs.

Sounds interesting, but what makes it really interesting is the yeast. Paquette explained that he uses "three yeast strains: one strain is a very traditional Belgian Ale strain, another is a Belgian strain known for its nonfloc characteristics and the third is a champagne yeast to 'dry out' the flavor."

I pulled this from the Alstrom bro review of the beer on beeradvocate.com. Definitely an interesting beer and very enjoyable. I'm not sure exactly how they blend the yeast strains, maybe try to email the brewers. It's a great beer and good luck!

Latest posts

Back