• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pennsylvania Precision tap handles. Stainless

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hootowl

Reaction score
20200124_173629.jpg
I designed and made these out of solid stainless. I know at first look there are two sides..boring.. or sweet. They are more than sweet. The feel and balance when pouring is perfect. Anyone interested in obtaining these I'm testing the waters.

Last edited:
First, per the rules, a price must be stated.

Moving on, what is the height? And are they solid, or hollow? I'm slightly intrigued.

Hey thanks. They are solid. Price is based on a qty for a first run... right now I'm just looking at interest. For early inquiries I can make a sample for you to try.
I'm an American homebrew machinist.

I made the first two a couple of days ago. Made 3 more this morning. I'm local here in Delco, PA

20200124_173620.jpg

Last edited:
Looks cool.
Interested.
Price matters.
Name plates would be perfect.

How would I do name plates? I just write the beer name with a magic marker on the splashplate since they change so much. But that's a good point. I'll see if I can come up with something.

Last edited:
Anyone local to SE PA is welcome to try them... the beer lol and the taps

I'll sleep on this, and get back to you tomorrow. I really like them, but am uncertain how well they will go with the cedar collar on my keezer.

How would I do name plates? I just write the beer name with a magic marker on the splashplate since they change so much. But that's a good point. I'll see if I can come up with something.
I was thinking of a bicycle grip shaped device that slides over the top.
Maybe just machine a flat on the handle and use dry erase paint?

I'm interested as well, but price is a huge part of the equation, and again is required. I understand quantity and volume mark ups. I'd need at least a high/low ballpark to keep watching.

If you are hesitant on committing to price based on minimum order quantity, i suggest listing what that min order quantity is and price per item, or the max order quantity to have the lowest price per item and that way others can express interest.

$35 each for first run. I make these myself on a manual lathe. If I go higher qty the price will change.

That's fine. I'm not giving them away. Unless you want me to source from China.

Guns and drinking . . . . when I went through NRA training, that was the first thing they said not to mix. And they were right. I can't tell from the angle if that's an actual gun you have hanging on your keezer or something else made to look like a gun.

I live in PA, have a license to carry in PA and Utah. I have a medical marijuana card and brew beer. That hanging there is a bbq lighter

I live in PA, have a license to carry in PA and Utah. I have a medical marijuana card and brew beer. That hanging there is a bbq lighter

Cool, I thought it looked like it was something made to look like a gun, but not actually a gun. Drunken gun play is one of my red button issues. If someone is carrying, I don't serve them. Or I leave, if its in public.

Cool, I thought it looked like it was something made to look like a gun, but not actually a gun. Drunken gun play is one of my red button issues. If someone is carrying, I don't serve them. Or I leave, if its in public.

Agree

Where in PA do you hang out? I work right over the border in Claymont, i'd come through and check them out, have a beer haha.

These are really cool but wouldn't fit the theme of our basement/bar/brewery. Your price probably isn't out of line for custom tap handles based on what I've seen on Etsy looking for ideas for myself.

New to the forum, I'd like to send a direct message to Hootowl but can't seem to find an option to do it. Apologies if this post violates the rules, I'm not directly relating to this thread.

I'm in the market for a simple draft tower made to custom dimensions, my space is tight. Everything I've found online is outside my price range.

Since you're a brewer and machinist I'd be interested in speaking more about a custom job, if you're open to such things.

Thanks!

This thread should be moved until it has prices.

OP has said $35.

New to the forum, I'd like to send a direct message to Hootowl but can't seem to find an option to do it. Apologies if this post violates the rules, I'm not directly relating to this thread . . . .Thanks!

Go to any of a member's posts and click on that member's username. A pop-out box will appear and one of the options there will be 'Start a Conversation', click on that and type your message.

Thanks! I must have something disabled in my main browser, that option doesn't appear. However, it does in my less secure browser. Problem solved. Thanks again.

Hello All,

I have my first batch ready. Introductory price is $25 each plus shipping.
For a bit of trust my ebay user is https://www.ebay.com/usr/yo-hoot. I have 317 transactions and am 100%
I'm very curious to get feedback. We love ours.

Last edited:
Back