Pre Rinse Fuacets Questiong

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettwasbtd

Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I need to add a utility sink to my basement and it will also be used for brewing. I have currently been lugging everything up to the kitchen sink for cleaning (PITA!). I was considering buying the low-end pre rinse from webstauant in the $160 range though I am a little concerned with the following:

1) Low end model states its for Dishwashing and Janitorial use only. Is the faucet not safe for potable water?
2) Trying to think what i would use the pre rinse for and I guess it would be handy for washing out my kettle and maybe kegs, but nothing a little elbow grease cant fix.
3) most of these have a 12" swing arm faucet addition. Due to my small space I am looking at a 20x24 utility sink, so the faucet may be a little large

Considering going with a regular utility sink faucet and something like this http://www.homedepot.com/p/RINSE-AC...Detachable-3-Foot-Hose-Sprayer-4304/203622424

Any thoughts? If you got one which model? Could you live without?

I just have a HD utility sink in my garage, and I have a nice faucet attached to that with a pull down sprayer. It's great for washing my mash tun, big pots, etc. It would be nice if the sink was a little bigger, but it works. I think the spray arm you linked would work great.

The faucet i have looks like this one but it's made of plastic so it was much cheaper. I dont know how much it was though, it was the kitchen sink faucet when I moved in 2 years ago and I moved it to the utility sink i put in when I changed out the kitchen faucet for a nice SS one.

Cheers.

The faucet you have is almost identical to the one in my kitchen. The only thing I wish is that the kitchen sink was deeper and in my basement, so maybe the restaurant grade pre rinse is overkill....

Back